Back to Top
What is a Custom Walk-In Closet Design?
A custom walk-in closet design must fulfill the following three tasks:
- It must include a unique design that solves one or more organizational or storage challenges through improved space usage or increased storage capacity.
- It must incorporate an interior design plan that reflects the needs, style, and budget of the homeowner while also improving storage potential of the room.
- It must add beauty to the space through thoughtful layout, hand-selected accessories, customized finishes and elegant lighting design.
Closet Factory has been designing custom walk-in closets for more than 30 years, so our designers know how to create the perfect custom walk-in closet solution for any room or any space. While most DIY closet systems may work temporarily, a truly customize closet will last a lifetime, evolving with your needs while constantly bringing beauty, organization, and convenience to your life.
To better understand what are the key features of a custom walk-in closet design, Closet Factory designers have assembled this quick list to help you cover the bases when you are designing your own custom walk-in closet.
Custom Walk-In Closet Design Features
Cabinet and Shelving Options
- Multiple length hanging sections to accommodate a variety of wardrobe combinations.
- Shelving units can range from 12″ to 24″ to provide true customization.
- Open shelving above hanging sections work great to showcase hats and handbags.
- Slanted shelving with clear or metal toe fences elegantly display shoes.
- Drop-in jewelry inserts and velvet lined display shelves showcase prized jewelry and accessories like a boutique showroom.
- Walk-in closet drawers can be designed for anything from sweaters to lingerie.
- Custom closet drawers can be designed with beveled, five-piece, or routed faces.
- Under-mount hardware and quiet, soft close slides ensure easy drawer opening.
- Open cubby shelves or see-through drawers with Lucite dividers create a beautiful hat and handbag storage design.
- Custom made single or double layer jewelry drawers offer plenty of room to elegantly display valuables and accessories.
- “Secret” jewelry and accessory drawers can provide additional security and a special layer of customization.
- Custom walk-in closets use custom stains, paints, or veneers to complement an existing motif.
- Custom finishes can include Neo Classical, French, Urban, Shaker and Contemporary themes.
- Glass shelving, mirrored backing, decorative molding, and metal accents help create a custom elegance and beauty.
- Black or red velvet lined jewelry trays and inserts can be configured in various ways that provide custom storage and protection for jewelry, sunglasses, and accessories.
Lighting Options (Note: Lighting is optional, but adds an important layer for any custom closet.)
- LED Strip Lighting.
- Overhead recessed puck lighting.
- Overhead Chandelier lighting for ambience.
- Task lighting to illuminate specific areas of your walk-in closet.
- Accent lighting highlight and articulate specific items.