Organizer Spotlight: Trendy Organizer
We at Closet Factory love professional organizers. Why? They share our passion for organizing and believe, like we do, that clutter can lead to stress.
Recently, Closet Factory started collaborating with Trendy Organizer, a Nashville, Tennessee-based professional organization service. Founded and run by professional organizer Sonika Surati, Trendy Organizer helps people with clutter-filled closets, suffocating rooms, and confusing pantries create a functional and effective system to reduce the chaos and take back control of their lives.
One of our favorite pieces of advice from her is a tidbit regarding closet organization:
“When it comes to closets I can’t even begin to stress how important organization is. I mean why invest in a wardrobe if you can’t even see your clothing well enough to actually wear it? And like most of us like to think, space is not an excuse! I’ve always had a pretty extensive closet in terms of quantity; yet, every closet I’ve ever had to utilize was enough. Organization is key!
1. It is a good idea to start by decluttering. You know how they say, out with the old, in with the new? Well let’s start there. Go through the items in your closet (clothes/shoes/accessories) and take out things you know you won’t ever wear again or just don’t want anymore. Many of us hate letting things go, but think about it like this: the more you get rid of, the more new stuff your making room for. This doesn’t just mean you have to throw it out or donate it. You can sell it! List items on eBay (my favorite:) or craigslist. Have a garage sale. Take it to your local Plato’s Closet or like shop.
2. Get matching hangers. The velvet ones are great because they are space-saving and the clothes stay put.
3. Organize by category (long sleeve, short sleeve, skirts, jackets, etc.) or season (fall/winter – spring/summer), and then color coordinate.
When it comes to organizing/storing your shoes (this can be a challenge) there are many different options:
1. Shelves (though many of us don’t have the space for these – still not an excuse; there are plenty of other options ? – If you do have the space, but don’t want to go with built-in shelving, try bookshelves. You can purchase them in the sizes/color you prefer and put them up anywhere.
2. Clear see-through plastic containers per pair that you can stack.
3. Over the door shoe holders.
4. On the floor shoe holders that you can slide anywhere i.e. under the bed, under hanging clothes.”
Trendy Organizer can work her magic on every other part of your home. Here’s a look at some of the latest projects by Trendy Organizer:
Flawlessly organized baby drawers
A beautifully organized men’s walk-in closet
Properly organized and labeled pantry
If you’re located in the Nashville, Tennessee area and are looking for some expert organizing services or advice, Trendy Organizer will not disappoint. Visit her site and follow her Instagram to learn more.