Why Consider a Custom Closet?
You wake up to the oh so familiar sound of your alarm clock. Whether it’s soft music for the light sleeper or a blaring air raid alarm type for the deep snoozer…it means it’s time to start the day.
Your first thought…”What should I wear today?”
And the adventure begins…
“Ok, I see my black slacks…now where is that white blouse that goes so well with them?” You go through each hanger carefully…but you still can’t find it. Next step…you go all the way to the left side of the closet and give a mighty heave…and push everything to the right…leaving yourself a nice space to once again pull every hanger forward and examine them so you can find that perfect blouse. After making it through each and every hanger…you still can’t find it!
Oh well start over…
Maybe this time you’ll decide to start with the shoes and then build your outfit from there. Sounds good right? So you get down on all fours and start making your way through shoe boxes, until you have more shoes on the outside of your closet than the inside. Hey, what do you know, you found that white blouse you were looking for earlier…in a nice little ball wedged behind a pair of pumps. You shake the dust off of it…try and smooth it out with the palms of your hands and think “now what did I do with the pants that go with this blouse?”
You’ve just wasted a good 20 minutes of your morning going on a scavenger hunt for a simple outfit, when you could’ve been dressed and ready to go in half that time. You could do a lot with an extra 20 minutes…catch up on the news…enjoy a hot cup of coffee…start writing that novel you’ve been thinking about…all before heading out of the door.
Sounds like it may be time to think about a custom closet and here are some of the key benefits of having one…
- Organization – Wouldn’t it be nice if everything had its place? A section for pants, a section for blouses, maybe some cubbies for your favorite sweaters, a shoe rack where you might actually be able to see all of your shoes without pulling them all out of the closet? All of that is possible with a custom closet. Imagine being able to put away laundry in half the time and say goodbye to the above process of getting dressed. You decide exactly where you want things to go and a custom closet can make that happen.
- Preserve Your Wardrobe – Your wardrobe is an investment. We spend a lot of money on our clothes, shoes, and accessories. Think about it… does that $70 silk blouse really deserve to live crumpled up in a corner on the floor of your closet? A custom closet will help you treat your wardrobe with the respect it deserves. For example:
For the ladies…you could have custom cubbies of special glass front cabinets for your designer hand bags, so they can maintain their shape…remain clean and dust free…and be easily seen once you’re ready to build your outfit for the day.
Custom Sliding Tie Rack
For the guys, Closet Factory offers a sliding tie rack where you could neatly store all of your silk ties and still have easy access to them.
Everything will have its own distinct space and be arranged where it is easy to see. This would definitely help with keeping track of what you have, and prevent you from making double purchases. We’re probably all guilty of buying something that we already had, simply because we couldn’t find it.
- Efficient Use of Space – Some would say,” Well my closet is a mess because I don’t have enough space”. Wrong. A custom closet can make the most of your available space. If you have 20 pairs of pants, you can hang them in a space that would normally only accommodate 10 pairs of pants by making a double hanging section. If you can’t visualize where or how to design yourcustom closet, you can easily call in the help of a closet designer. You might be wondering how much it would cost to hire a designer. Well the honest answer is nothing. A Closet Factory designer can come out to your home…spend an hour or two discussing your goals and create the perfect design built around your needs and the entire design process won’t cost you a thing. There is no need to start worrying about an extensive remodel or spending tons of cash, just start with a free design session and have a complete solution laid out for you.
- Add Value to Your Home – Yes it’s true. A custom closet can add value to your home. Many home buyers are impressed with a home that has a custom closet organizer and real estate agents are quick to point them out. They’re also fully adjustable, so the next home owner can come in and make changes to suit their personal needs. Closet Factory keeps all of our blueprints on file, so if a new home owner would like extensive changes we could easily access the plans for the home and come out to make adjustments.
- It Looks Nice – Lastly, but to many most importantly…a custom closet looks nice. Your room will look cleaner and simply more put together with a custom closet. Stuff that used to end up on the floor or on top of your bed will have its own space and your overall closet will have more breathing room.
A custom closet can be built to perfectly match your home’s architectural style and/or color pallet. At Closet Factory we can do anything from adding crown molding to painting and staining to make your custom closet a perfect match to your home.
For more information on what to expect when working with our professional designers visit the Closet Design Process page. Schedule a free design consultation with one of our Design Consultants.